PATA Foundation Silent Auction
The PATA Foundation Silent Auction, in conjunction with PATA Annual Summit starting next week (25th-28th April) at Centara Grand & Bangkok Convention Centre, Thailand. We are participating in their auction with a advertising space, mean that someone will make a donation to PATA foundation and have their banner displayed on Taphin.com.
*the equivalent of becoming a VIP in our soon to be web platform
The benefits of donationg to PATA
When making a donation to the PATA Foundation, donors are : Contributing to a cause in which they believe + Supporting activities that will benefit them directly in a commercial or other manner + Are recognized throughout the Asia Pacific travel and tourism industry for the contribution they are making.
PATA Foundation have activities in four main areas which it defines as follows:
The improvement of the professionalism of travel industry personnel and of others working in related fields. The education of visitors, host communities and travel industry staff in respect to the environment and cultural heritage is also included.
Conservation of the man-made setting in which tourism takes place or upon which it is dependent including heritage sites, buildings, cultural attractions, historic towns and villages and the relationship with host communities.
The protection of the natural setting in which tourism takes place including the landscape, plant and animal life, coastal zones, pollution and parks at national or lesser levels.
By donating, donors can :
- Contribute to the protection of the environment of the Asia Pacific area.
- Help to save the rainforest from destruction, the shorelines from pollution or endangered species of wildlife from extinction.
- Support the conservation of the cultures of the area, the arts and the crafts.
- Contribute to the restoration of historic buildings or the interpretation and conservation of heritage sites.
- Assist students from less affluent communities to participate in education programmes.
- Help the development of environmental and cultural education among the residents of host communities, visitors and guides.
- Aid destinations that have been hit by disaster
- Assist countries or communities in which they have a particular interest.
See what PATA has done in Taphin village ->
PATA Foundation website.
Make a donation to PATA.
About this videoFilmed in Ta Phin village (Sapa, Lao Cai, Vietnam)
Funded by the PATA Foundation (Bangkok, Thailand)
Conducted by Capilano University (Vancouver, Canada)
In partnership with Hanoi Open University (Hanoi, Vietnam)
Project name : CBT Vietnam (Canada-Vietnam)
Filmed by Kyle Sandilands (Canadian)
The group came in & has helped not only myself but all the communities. We have nothing to give except our words of thanks.
Ly May Chan, Taphin village leader
Thanks so much for accepting our modest donation, hope it will be a popular item at your auction.
Steven, Taphin.com webmaster
Thank you very much !
Ly May lay, Taphin village resident